P&
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WDYT?

5 posters

Go down

WDYT? Empty WDYT?

Post by Admin Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:56 pm

H had spaghetti for dinner last night. I was cleaning the kitchen this morning and found the second half of the jar of sauce sitting on the counter. I put it in the fridge. That is literally all the food we have in the house right now, because I was planning on grocery shopping today. I'm in the middle of a blowout with our bank, and can't take any money out of our account. I haven't eaten more than a few potato chips in the last 3 days (in part because I'm sick and in part because I'm totally stressed out). Do you think the sauce is still okay to eat? I mean I'm starving and do plan on eating dinner tonight, but not if it means I'm going to be battling food poisoning on top of all my other stresses.

Admin
Admin

https://pand.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

WDYT? Empty Re: WDYT?

Post by kdcwedding Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:00 pm

Hmm. They put so many preservatives in those things, I'm inclined to say you're ok. The acidity of that type of sauce helps too.

I don't want to contribute to you getting sick, but I would probably reheat it and eat - as long as there was no meat in it.
kdcwedding
kdcwedding

Back to top Go down

Post by BecW Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:01 pm

Oh no! What's going on with your bank?

Is it like the canned tomato sauce, or is it an alfredo or meat sauce? I think if it's just veggies you should be fine. Maybe you could bring it to a boil to kill any possible bacteria.

I don't cook, though, so I may have just given you food poisoning if you listen to me. Sorry!
BecW
BecW

Back to top Go down

Post by msmerymac Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:02 pm

Yes. As long as it's not alfredo or vodka cream sauce. Regular marinara with or without vegetables? A-Ok.

msmerymac

Back to top Go down

Post by cew515 Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:04 pm

I think you'll be fine.
cew515
cew515

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:07 pm

It's Prego Mushroom sauce, but the chunks of mushroom are negligible. Thanks, ladies. I'll just make sure it gets really hot before I take it off the stove.

Bec,

I have no freaking clue. I logged on to my online banking this morning to verify the balance and they had hit me with about $400 in overdraft fees overnight. We didn't overdraw until the last fee hit, and then it was only by a dollar, but because of that they want to hit us with yet another fee (yes, they want to hit me with an overdraft fee because I overdrew due to an overdraft fee). When I went in to talk to the branch manager about it he told me that I was right, he can't figure out why I was hit with 10 overdraft fees, so he's going to try to figure it out and most likely refund all of the fees. However, I need to wait until it's fully back in my account before I can touch it.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BecW Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:09 pm

WTF? That is ridiculous! I hope you get it all figured out.
BecW
BecW

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:11 pm

Thanks. Me too. I'm waiting of the manager to call me back and let me know.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum